Take the Bus Challenge
Tap, Ride, Win!
The results are in!
And the winner is...Academy of Arts and Academics. The Academy of Arts & Academics (A3) won LTD's inaugural Take the Bus Challenge, a competition between ten area high schools to determine which school could take the most LTD bus trips per capita using their free Student Transit Pass during a two-week period in November.
Nearly 17% of A3 students participated in the challenge. Bethel’s Kalapuya High School came in second place at 16.52%, followed by Thurston at 8.95%, ECCO High School at 8.78%, and North Eugene High School at 7.77%.
View the full results:
November 7-20, 2022
LTD invites high school students to crush CO2 and help their school win the first-ever Take the Bus Challenge by riding the LTD bus to school, work, and activities. Students can visit their school office to sign up for the free Student Transit Pass, allowing them to ride the bus for free.
Participating High Schools
- Academy of Arts and Academics
- Churchill High School
- ECCO High School
- Kalapuya High School
- North Eugene High School
- Sheldon High School
- South Eugene High School
- Springfield High School
- Thurston High School
- Willamette High School
How to Participate
- Get the free Student Transit Pass by visiting your school's office.
- Learn how to ride the LTD bus.
- Use your tap card or Umo App to ride the LTD bus. Each time you ride to school, work, and activities, you earn points for your school.
- Crush CO2!
Each participating high school can win this year's grand prize. The school with the most participation from November 7-20, 2022 will win $1,000 for their school's sustainability initiatives!
By random drawing, individual students can win gift cards to Amazon, Dutch Bros. local restaurants, and more. Earn extra entries by sharing a photo of you on the bus using your school's Challenge hashtag:
- Academy of Arts and Academics: #A3CrushCO2
- Churchill High School: #LancersCrushCO2
- ECCO High School: #ECCOCrushCO2
- Kalapuya High School: #KalapuyaCrushCO2
- North Eugene High School: #HighlandersCrushCO2
- Sheldon High School: #IrishCrushCO2
- South Eugene High School: #AxeCO2WithLTD
- Springfield High School: #MillersCrushCO2
- Thurston High School: #ColtsCrushCO2
- Willamette High School: #WolverinesCrushCO2