COVID Impacts RideSource Service
August 21, 2021
The resurgence of COVID-19 is impacting RideSource’s ability to maintain a healthy driver roster and list of service partners. As a result, RideSource cannot meet the transportation demands of those members of the community who rely on it for transportation to and from medical appointments. RideSource is Lane Transit District’s (LTD) paratransit service.
Out of necessity, RideSource announces that its current driver capacity only allows for passengers to use NEMT/Medicaid transportation when a medical provider identifies an urgent or life-sustaining need. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) trips are only to be scheduled if they are urgent and essential.
RideSource passengers are encouraged to work with their health care provider to determine the urgency of their visits. For now, here are some ways community members can travel to their urgent, life-sustaining, and essential appointments during this time:
- Consider fixed-route bus transportation (LTD Bus Schedules are here)
- Medicaid eligible trips may be eligible for gas mileage reimbursement or a bus pass
- Request a telehealth or virtual appointment
- Explore options for prescription delivery
- Delay scheduling RideSource trips unless there is an urgent need
- Contact RideSource at 541-682-5566, if a scheduled trip can be canceled or postponed
- Medicaid members can also discuss options with their Coordinated Care Organization
“Keeping everyone healthy and safe is our number one priority, including our bus operators and contract drivers,” said Cosette Rees, LTD’s Director of Customer and Specialized Services.“ RideSource will work with passengers and care providers to continue finding transportation solutions for those who depend on RideSource to meet with their healthcare providers.
Information about RideSource is available here.