Tap, Scan, Go! with Umo
Bus Fare That’s Fair
Many riders are already getting real-time bus information, route maps, service alerts, and trip planning tools in the Umo App. Here’s a new feature LTD riders can take advantage of: fare capping. When you pay as you go with stored value in the Umo App or tap card, you'll never pay more than $50 a month to ride the bus. Learn how to add stored value to your Umo App or tap card so you can save money.
Pay Your Way
Getting started with Umo is easy. For smartphone users, the Umo App makes it easy to plan your trip, track your bus, or pay your fare. No smartphone? No problem! Purchase a tap card for contactless, seamless fare payment. Learn more about the Umo App and tap card and view tutorials on how to get started with Umo below.
- Getting started with the Umo Mobility app is easy. The free smartphone app is available for download on the Apple App store and Google Play store. Download step-by-step instructions on getting started with the Umo Mobility app in English or Spanish. Once you have an account, you can purchase a pass or add stored value to your account for future fare purchases, all from the convenience of a mobile phone.
- Tap cards are available for purchase in the LTD Online Store and at the LTD Customer Service Center located at 1080 Willamette Street from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. Each reloadable tap card is $3. Download step-by-step instructions on getting started with the Umo tap card in English or Spanish. To register your card, visit UmoPass.com and follow the instructions to create an account and link your tap card. After registering, riders can purchase a pass or add stored value to their account for future fare purchases. By registering your card at UmoPass.com, you protect your purchases and stored value if your card is lost or stolen.
Riders should plan to establish a Umo account and purchase fare before boarding the bus. All LTD buses, except EmX, are equipped with a Umo electronic fare reader. When ready to board, open the MyWallet section of the Umo App to display the QR Code, or get your tap card ready. Face the mobile device screen or tap card to the Umo reader to scan purchased fare. When fare is accepted, the reader will display a green light. Riders should keep their device or tap card available to show fare inspectors when riding EmX. While Umo is a convenient way to pay for fare, LTD will continue to accept cash and day passes from riders.
Download step-by-step instructions on getting started with the Umo Mobility app or tap card.
When you pay as you go with stored value in the Umo App or tap card, you'll never pay more than $50 a month to ride the bus. Before you add stored value to your Umo account, download step-by-step instructions on getting started with the Umo App or tap card in English or Spanish. To register your tap card, visit UmoPass.com and follow the instructions to create an account and link your tap card.
On the Umo App
You can add stored value to your Umo account (to deposit money in your Umo wallet for later use) by either tapping Buy next to the Buy a pass or add cash under My Wallet on the home screen or by going to Wallet > Cash Balance > Add Cash.
- From the main screen, tap Wallet.
- On the My Wallet screen, select Cash Balance and then Add Cash.
- On the Select Amount screen, select the appropriate cash balance amount you want to add, and tap Continue.
- On the Confirm Your Purchase screen, tap Purchase.
- On the Payment Method screen, enter your payment method information.
- Once you have entered your payment details, tap Continue.
Online at UmoPass.com for tap cards
- Log in to your Umo account at UmoPass.com.
- Go to the My Wallet tab.
- Click Buy in the upper right corner.
- Under Stored Value & Passes, click Stored Value.
- Click an amount or Chose a custom amount.
- Use a Saved Payment Method or add Payment Details.
- Click Purchase.
For riders switching from TouchPass to Umo, simply download the app and log in with your TouchPass username and password. Umo Mobility takes care of the details for you, transferring your purchased passes and account information seamlessly.
As of March 31st, 2022, the TouchPass app has been discontinued. Please download the Umo App.
Riders can continue to use and reload their current tap card, and will manage their account online at UmoPass.com.