Other Useful Information
Tips for Winter Weather Riders
- Stand back from the curb until the bus comes to a complete stop; buses may slide sideways in slippery conditions. Give the driver plenty of notice when signaling for your stop.
- Buses might not be able to pull all the way over to the curb because of snow and slush. Once the bus is stopped, riders may need to step into the road.
- Use handrails when getting on and off the bus. Snow can accumulate on the stairs and in the aisle, making them slippery.
- If an EmX stop is block by snow or ice, LTD will make every effort to use an alternate stop as close as possible to the original stop.
- Expect delays. Chained buses can’t travel more than 25 mph.
- Dress warmly.
- Make sure you’re visible.
Where to get Real Time Info
LTD will closely monitor road conditions and update our communication channels in real time.
LTD Customer Service Center
7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Service alerts updated frequently.
Lane Transit District (Facebook)
Service alerts posted, but less frequently than Twitter.
Local radio stations
KPNW 1120 AM
KUGN 590 AM
KMGE 94.5 FM
KLCC 89.7 FM
KKNU 93.3 FM
Local TV stations
The FlastAlert system distributes emergency messages, including weather events to local media. Visit FlashAlert at FlashAlertEugene.net/closures-report.html.