Mobility Management Strategy
Project Overview & Purpose
Want to chat about the Mobility Management Strategy (MMS) in early May?
Please "stop in" during any of the following virtual office hour sessions with the Project Manager, Andrew Martin.
MMS Project Manager May Office Hours
To join a virtual session, follow the link on the web calendar on the day of each meeting at LTD.org.
LTD is developing a Mobility Management Strategy to learn how to best collaborate with local partners to provide a strong transportation network. The Mobility Management Strategy will help LTD understand how to best serve the community with new transportation options and services.
The purpose of this project is to:
- Survey transportation needs and gaps in existing transportation services.
- Understand the best role for LTD to play in supporting new transportation services and programs.
- Define a process for making decisions about LTD’s role in new (non-fixed route) transportation options.
- Identify a list of potential transportation projects to implement in the short term.
Transportation options refer to different travel modes, such as buses, shuttles, walking, bicycles, or e-scooters.
Transportation programs refer to the variety of programs used to support travel by specific modes, including discounted transit passes, emergency ride home, and employee transportation programs.
Transportation services refer to LTD’s fixed route or demand responsive services (e.g., EmX or the Cottage Grove Connector) bikeshare (e.g., PeaceHealth Rides), rideshare (e.g., Uber or Lyft), or carpool programs.
What’s included in this project?
This project will explore what is possible for a variety of transportation options and services. It will not assess possible route or frequency changes to fixed route services, nor will it identify locations for pilot projects. For more information about possible topics to be include in the MMS, see below.
What's Included in the MMS
- Micro Transit
- Shared Micromobility
(e.g., bikeshare, e-scooters)
- Carpool and Vanpool services
- Rideshare and Transportation Network Companies
- Connected and Autonomous Vehicles
- Dynamic Curb Management
- Electric vehicles and electrification infrastructure
- Trip Planning Services
- Integrated Fare Payment Programs and Services
- Travel Demand Management Programs
What's Not included in the MMS
- Changes to Fixed Route Services
- Decisions on which pilot projects to conduct
The Mobility Management Strategy will be completed over the course of four phases. LTD aims to adopt and publish the final strategy in Summer 2022.
Summer and Fall 2021
Local context and peer mobility options assessment.
Fall 2021 - Spring 2022
Stakeholder and public outreach
LTD is interested in hearing from community members to better understand local and regional transportation challenges, opportunities, and possible solutions. LTD will use this information to develop the recommendations included in the final strategy. Your input can help shape how LTD makes decisions about transportation in the region.
Bilingual Fact Sheet
Join the mailing list and receive to receive periodic updates about the project. Your personal information will only be used to subscribe to updates on this project and will stay private.