Projects & Planning
There are a lot of pieces to the puzzle when it comes to planning a well-designed public transit system that best serves its community. It is more than buses, routes, schedules and bus stops. It takes a chorus of careful vision, short- and long-term planning, project development, and coordination with community partners and governmental bodies to match the needs of the community to resources available. And most importantly it takes listening to our customers and the community we serve.
Lane Transit works with many community partners and governmental agencies to move from vision to reality.
Planning is an ongoing effort at LTD to put buses on the street and other transit initiatives into action. We review our transit system operation annually and make changes one to three times a year. We also look ahead and analyze and develop longer range plans that define service priorities and infrastructure investments.Fall Bid 2019
Change is a constant in creating a good public transportation system. Meeting the needs of our community means looking for improvements that better serve our riders, neighborhoods, businesses, educational and medical centers, etc. That might be everything from implementing a new technology to building a new transit station. Below are projects that are in progress.
- Transit Tomorrow (COA)
- Franklin Boulevard Redevelopment
- Main-McVay Transit Study
- Santa Clara Transit Station
Listening to our community is an important part of creating a transit system that works for everyone. We provide many ways for our customers and members of the public to talk to us. It may be an open house, online survey, neighborhood meeting, tabling at community events, rider education activity, or public comment period at LTD public meetings. Currently the following formal comment opportunities are available:
- Board Meetings (third Wednesday of each month at 5:30 p.m.)
General comments can also be made through our general email, LTD@LTD.org. Check back to this page for future comment opportunities.
Working with governmental policymakers is a key focus for LTD. We look to build relationships broadly at the city, county, state and federal levels while always keeping the community interests in mind. This ensures that local residents and commuters have a seat at the table when policy is made and funding is allotted.
- Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund
LTD receives federal funding through the Federal Transit Administration (FTA). Under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, LTD operates its programs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age or disability.
By the Numbers
Here’s a look at LTD’s numbers.
Reports, Records, Plans & Policies
To learn more about LTD or related activities, check out this list of documents:
- Lane Coordinated Public Transit-Human Services Transportation Plan (Lane Coordinated Plan) (pdf)
- LTD ATU Working and Wages Agreement 2018 - 2021 (pdf)
- EmX Project Documents
- Eugene-Springfield Safe Routes to School
- Federal Transit Administration Triennial Review (2014) (pdf)
- LTD Economic Analysis (2015) (pdf)
- Long-Range Transit Plan (2014) (pdf)
- Origin/Destination Study (2015) (pdf)
- Recapturing Global Leadership in Bus Rapid Transit (pdf)
- Ridership Productivity Report – National Transit Database (pdf)
- Transportation Coordinated Plan Update (2013) (pdf)