Sustainability at LTD
We believe in providing people with the independence to achieve their goals, creating a more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable community.
LTD's Triple-Bottom-Line Approach to Sustainability
- Caring for the community, its employees, and stakeholders.
- Using natural resources efficiently and protecting our physical environment.
- Being responsible stewards of financial resources.
- LTD is a signatory of the APTA Sustainability Commitment, certified at the Silver Level.
- Since the mid-2000’s LTD has invested in Diesel Electric-Hybrid buses that currently make up approximately 60% of its fleet.
- LTD is committed to continuously measure its energy, water, waste, and paper consumption and reduce use whenever possible.
- In 2019, LTD conducted a carbon footprint analysis. Learn more about the process here, and view the results here.
- In Fall 2020, LTD initiated a Fleet Procurement Plan to evaluate all available fuels and technologies for future investment.
- In June 2020, LTD’s Board of Directors passed its Climate Action Policy and Fleet Procurement Goals. Learn more about the process here, and view the adopted policy here. This replaced LTD's 2007 Sustainability Policy, which is available here.
- In September 2020, LTD’s Board passed an updated Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Policy. This policy is an important supplement to the Climate Action Policy, ensuring that diversity, equity and inclusion are prioritized in our decision making. Read the updated policy here.
Investment in Cleaner Energy and Vehicles
- In 2019 LTD ran a pilot project testing electric buses in revenue service.
- LTD is using R99 Renewable Diesel fuel. Learn more about this innovative fuel type here.
Moving Forward: Our Projects
- Fleet Procurement Plan: We're looking ahead at how LTD can be part of the solution to climate change, by researching sustainable fuels and technologies. To learn more about this project, click here.
- Electronic Record Management: More than just "going paperless," transitioning to electronic records management allows us to consume less paper, while also being more transparent with public records. To access our growing library of electronic public records, click here.
- Continued Commitment to APTA Sustainability Standards: In 2014, LTD voluntarily signed on to the APTA Sustainability Commitment and achieved a certification at the Silver level. By providing updates on the strides we've made, we re-commit to these standards and seek to be a leader in this area.
- Green Dream Team: LTD employees are encouraged to practice sustainability, both individually and as a team. From volunteering in the community to collaborating on better ways to achieve our sustainability mission, the Green Dream Team plans for a more sustainable future. Learn more about the group here.
If you're interested in receiving updates regarding LTD's sustainability initiatives and projects, please contact the sustainability program manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.