Sustainability at LTD
We believe in providing people with the independence to achieve their goals, creating a more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable community.
LTD's Triple-Bottom-Line Approach to Sustainability
- Caring for the community, its employees, and stakeholders.
- Using natural resources efficiently and protecting our physical environment.
- Being responsible stewards of financial resources.
Sustainability Initiatives and Projects
- LTD is a signatory of the APTA Sustainability Commitment and was certified at the Silver Level.
- LTD conducted a carbon footprint analysis in 2019.
- In June 2020, LTD’s Board of Directors passed its Climate Action Policy and Fleet Procurement Goals.
- In Fall 2020, LTD initiated a Fleet Procurement Plan to evaluate all available fuels and technologies for future investment.
- LTD is investing in cleaner vehicles.
- In 2019 LTD ran a pilot project testing electric buses in revenue service.
- Since the mid-2000’s LTD has invested in Diesel Electric-Hybrid buses that currently make up approximately 60% of its fleet.
- LTD is using R99 Renewable Diesel fuel.
- Resource Efficiency: LTD is committed to continuously measure its energy, water, waste, and paper consumption and reduce use whenever possible.
- In September 2020, LTD’s Board passed an updated Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Policy.
If you're interested in receiving updates regarding LTD's sustainability initiatives, please contact the sustainability program manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
To view any of the policies and information on LTD’s initiatives, click on the links below.
LTD Green Team Mission Statement
LTD 2019 Carbon Footprint Analysis – FY2012-2018: Agenda Item Summary from Board Work Session 9/16/19, Presentation of Results
APTA Sustainability Commitment
June 2020 Climate Action Policy and Fleet Procurement Goals
September 2020 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policy