Sustainability at LTD
LTD is meeting the urgent need to address climate change by committing to eliminate fossil fuels from our fleet by 2035 and encouraging our community to choose public transportation, biking, and walking.
Thanks for joining us as we work toward creating a more connected, sustainable, and equitable community.
How to Participate in Climate Action
When you choose transit, you are participating in climate action. View route schedules and maps to start planning your transit trip.
Ready to take it a step further? Start using LTD's electronic fare system, Umo.
Lane County employers can help encourage transit use by providing monthly bus passes for employees. Learn more and get started with LTD's Group Pass program.
Stay tuned for details about the annual high school Take the Bus Challenge and other sustainability events.
Fleet Procurement Plan: We're looking ahead at how LTD can be part of the solution to climate change, by researching sustainable fuels and technologies.
Electronic Records Management: More than just "going paperless," transitioning to electronic records management allows us to consume less paper, while also being more transparent with public records. Access our growing library of electronic public records.
Continued Commitment to APTA Sustainability Standards: In 2014, LTD voluntarily signed on to the APTA Sustainability Commitment and achieved certification at the Silver level. By providing updates on the strides we've made, we re-commit to these standards and seek to be a leader in this area.
Green Dream Team: LTD employees are encouraged to practice sustainability, both individually and as a team. From volunteering in the community to collaborating on better ways to achieve our sustainability mission, the Green Dream Team plans for a more sustainable future.
- LTD is a signatory of the APTA Sustainability Commitment, certified at the Silver Level. LTD continues to set and meet new goals and is working towards certification at the Gold Level.
- Since the mid-2000’s LTD has invested in Diesel Electric-Hybrid buses. Prior to our investment in plug-in electric buses, Diesel Electric-Hybrid buses made up approximately 60% of our fleet.
- In 2022, LTD joined the Federal Transit Administration Healthy Planet Challenge to demonstrate its commitment to reducing emissions and taking care of our community. As part of the challenge, LTD and many transit agencies across the country are sharing their climate action plans and strategies, along with measurable goals to increase ridership and reduce GHG emissions.
- LTD is committed to continuously measuring its energy, water, waste, and paper consumption and reducing use whenever possible.
- In 2019, LTD conducted a carbon footprint analysis. Learn more about the process, view the results from our FY2012-2018 baseline analysis and the most recent 2019-2021 inventory.
- In spring 2021, LTD initiated a Fleet Procurement Plan to evaluate all available fuels and technologies for future investment.
- In June 2020, LTD’s Board of Directors passed a Climate Action Policy and Fleet Procurement Goals. This replaced LTD's 2007 Sustainability Policy.
- In September 2020, LTD’s Board passed an updated Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Policy. This policy is an important supplement to the Climate Action Policy, ensuring that diversity, equity, and inclusion are prioritized in our decision-making.
Investment in Cleaner Energy and Vehicles
If you're interested in receiving updates regarding LTD's sustainability initiatives and projects, please email Sustainability@LTD.org.
- LTD’s Board of Directors Adopts Climate Action Policy
LTD Switches to Renewable Diesel Fuel
New Electric Buses On Schedule
First New Flyer Electric Bus Arrives
Electric Bus Order Complete