LTD and ATU Local 757 Finalize Labor Agreement
Lane Transit District’s Board of Directors voted unanimously today to approve a new four-year Collective Bargaining Agreement with Amalgamated Transit Union 757 (ATU). Union members voted Thursday to ratify the contract that increases wages, clarifies work schedules, and adds holidays.
“The new contract directs an important investment in LTD’s most valuable assets; its hard-working people who have gone above and beyond the call of duty, especially during the pandemic to ensure passengers have the transit service they have come to expect,” said Gino Grimaldi, the President of LTD’s Board of Directors. “LTD is one team moving forward to keep our community connected.”
Highlights of the agreement include:
- 22% pay increase over the next four years
- $450 bonus for each operator who performs EmX work between November 1 and October 31
- Add Juneteenth and Martin Luther King, Jr. days as observed holidays
- Clarification concerning work assignments and schedules based on workforce levels and service requirements
- Improves work-life balance by ensuring every employee receives their regularly scheduled days off
“This agreement underscores the value of ATU Local 757 members and their essential contribution to our community,” said Bill Bradley, ATU Local 757’s Executive Officer. “Lane Transit now has the tools to attract and retain the workforce needed to enhance our transit system while ensuring those workers can be dependable partners and parents. I want to thank our members for their patience throughout the process and for carefully considering the proposed collective bargaining agreement before ratifying it.”The new contract goes into effect from July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2026.