LTD Brings Back Sunday Service
June 3, 2020
Media Contact: Pat Walsh
Lane Transit District (LTD) will resume regular Sunday bus service beginning Sunday, June 7, 2020. Passengers are asked to make only essential trips via the bus, wear coverings over their nose and mouths, and visit LTD.org to view the Sunday schedule.
Due to precautions taken to limit bus operators and passengers from potential exposure to the COVID-19 novel coronavirus and subsequent declining ridership, Sunday bus service was suspended on March 29, 2020.
“We are pleased to offer bus service on Sunday for our passengers,” said Aurora Jackson, LTD’s general manager. “With the addition of Sunday service, the District is back to operating seven days per week for passengers who need to make essential trips to medical appointments, grocery shopping, and to jobs.”
As a result of the impacts of COVID-19, LTD continues to operate adjusted schedules on EmX and many routes. There continues to be no bus service until further notice on Routes 27, 33, 55, 73, 78, 79x, 81, 82, and 85.
In addition, LTD’s paratransit service, RideSource, will add back Sunday service for essential trips only.
Updated bus schedule information can be found online at LTD.org/Service-Alerts, or by calling LTD Customer Service at 541-687-5555.
As a reminder:
- All LTD passengers must enter and exit the bus through the rear doors unless they are elderly or require use of the ramp at the front door.
- Riding the bus is free. No fares are charged until further notice.
- Passengers are required to cover their nose and mouth with a mask, bandana, or other covering while riding the bus to prevent the possible spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus. All LTD employees are required to wear masks while operating buses or on LTD property.
- LTD employees continue to take measures to clean buses as they stop at the Eugene and Springfield stations. All buses are cleaned nightly.
- Based on social distancing requirements, LTD limits its 40-foot buses to 20 passengers and 60-foot buses to 30 passengers, which normally carry 50 and 80 passengers, respectively.
- All LTD employees have their temperatures taken when they report for work. Those with above-normal temperatures are sent home.
For a full list of the ways LTD is working to provide essential transportation while keeping employees and our community safe, visit the website at LTD.org.