LTD Discourages All Unnecessary Travel Aboard Buses & RideSource - Cottage Grove Connector and EmGo is Cancelled
Lane Transit District (LTD) is asking all riders to not take unnecessary trips aboard public transit buses and RideSource. Also, beginning on Tuesday, March 17, 2020, the Cottage Grove Connector and EmGo services will be cancelled until further notice.
LTD also wants all riders to be aware that there will be an additional announcement made soon about reducing or suspending LTD service.
“The health and safety of LTD employees and the public is the most important factor in our response to the coronavirus,” said Aurora Jackson, LTD’s general manager. “We understand this is an inconvenience for many riders, but it is important to reduce the potential exposure to the coronavirus and provide bus operators and staff the opportunity to meet family and community needs during these challenging times.”
When riding the bus, LTD suggests riders follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to reduce the exposure and spread of the coronavirus, including:
- Keep six-feet away from other passengers (social distancing).
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.”
Source: CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html
Other sources: https://lanecounty.org/cms/One.aspx?portalId=3585881&pageId=16503774
“We all need to do our part to reduce everyone’s risk to the coronavirus,” Jackson said. “In addition, LTD’s team continues to clean the buses every day with high-powered disinfectants and other cleaning protocols.”
LTD passengers are encouraged to check the LTD website for updates (www.LTD.org) or to call the customer service center at 541-687-5555 (7-1-1 TTY), 541-682-5558 (Fax) or 800-248-3861 (Toll free).