LTD Service Complements July Community Events
Media Contact: Pat Walsh
Enhanced transit service will help thousands of Lane County visitors get around during the Butte To Butte race and Oregon Country Fair.
LTD provides free service to the July 4th Butte-to-Butte and the July 12, 13, & 14 Oregon Country Fair, courtesy of the Oregon Track Club and the Oregon Country Fair respectively. Free fare applies to those attending these events. Anyone riding the bus on these dates who is not attending these events should plan to use their regular bus pass or pay the usual fare.
To make it as efficient and affordable as possible for members of the public to utilize public transportation to attend the 2019 Butte to Butte Race and the Oregon Country Fair, LTD will operate the following routes:
July 4, LTD will operate service for the annual Aquafina Butte To Butte so participants can get to the starting line on the following schedule:
- Routes 970 & 971X will pick up passengers at the bus stops at 5th/Pearl and 4th/Mill.
- Buses will depart every 5–10 minutes, 6:30 – 8:00 a.m.
July 12–14, LTD will operate service system wide for the 50th Annual Oregon Country Fair (OCF). Buses will transport fairgoers to Veneta on the following schedule:
- Route 988 & 989X will pick up passengers at Eugene Station Bay I and Valley River Center Park & Ride every 15–20 minutes, 10 a.m. – 6:15 p.m.
- The last bus returning to both locations will leave the Oregon Country Fair at 7:30 p.m.
- Additionally, anyone who shows the bus operator their OCF ticket or credential will be allowed to ride any LTD route on the days of the Fair, courtesy of the Oregon Country Fair.
To learn more about service to these community events and plan your trip, visit LTD.org.