LTD to Change Weekday Bus and RideSource Service to its Saturday Schedule on March 23
Media Contact: Pat Walsh
Lane Transit District (LTD) will operate Saturday schedules on all buses, Monday through Saturday, beginning Monday, March 23, 2020, until further notice. Route 92 Lowell and Route 96 Coburg will have limited service on Monday through Friday. Sunday bus service stays the same.
“Saturday-level bus service offers the community transit service, while reducing the potential exposure to the coronavirus to riders and our LTD bus operators and staff,” said Aurora Jackson, LTD’s general manager. “We care about our employees who come together to provide this valuable service, and about those in our community who rely on our service for essential needs. We encourage our community to follow the guidelines of our health officials and stay home when possible to reduce the spread of the coronavirus.”
LTD bus riders are encouraged to use the LTD Rider’s Digest or the LTD website to find their bus route’s Saturday-service schedule. The LTD web site is www.LTD.org.
LTD suggests riders follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to reduce the exposure and spread of the novel coronavirus, including:
- Keep six feet away from other passengers.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty."
Other sources: https://lanecounty.org/cms/One.aspx?portalId=3585881&pageId=16503774
RideSource services will continue to operate, prioritizing essential trips. LTD suspended the RideSource Shopper until further notice.
LTD cancelled the Cottage Grove Connector and EmGo services on March 16, 2020. Last week, LTD suspended all of the District’s public meetings, including the March 18, 2020 Board of Directors Meeting.
LTD passengers are encouraged to check the LTD website for updates (www.LTD.org) or to call the Customer Service Center at 541-687-5555 (7-1-1 TTY), 541-682-5558 (Fax) or 800-248-3861 (Toll free).