Bus Schedules Change September 27
September 18, 2020
LTD is adding additional service on 14 current bus routes. In addition, Routes 81 and 79x will return with limited service. All changes to LTD bus routes begin on Sunday, Sept. 27, 2020.
“LTD typically makes service changes in the fall, winter, and summer to adjust for demand, utilize available resources responsibly, and respond to changes in our community,” said Aurora Jackson, LTD’s General Manager. “Additionally, in this COVID-19 environment, we are factoring in guidance from public health officials.”
On Friday, Sept. 18, LTD passengers can view, and download, the detailed timepoint schedule changes for Fall 2020 at LTD.org/fall-bid.
Since April 2020, LTD has employed a Health-First service initiative for its employees and passengers to make essential trips only that has resulted in the following pre-COVID-19 routes to be postponed until further notice: 27, 33, 55, 73, 78, 82, and 85.
In addition to the website, passengers with questions about schedule changes can call LTD Customer Service Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. at 541-687-5555 (1-800-735-2900, 7-1-1 TTY) or visit the Center at 1080 Willamette Street, Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. As a reminder, LTD encourages passengers to make only essential trips aboard its buses for jobs, medical appointments, and shopping.
- Buses are cleaned nightly with strong, but safe disinfectants.
- District employees are regularly cleaning buses throughout the day at the Eugene and Springfield stations.
- Passengers are required to enter and exit from the rear door of the bus until all buses have the barriers installed.
- Passengers using the lift or who need assistance entering and exiting the bus can use the front door.
- Passengers are required to wear hands-free face masks or covers over their nose and mouth.
- Based on physical distancing requirements, LTD limits its 40-foot buses to 20 passengers and 60-foot buses to 30 passengers, which normally carry 50 and 80 passengers, respectively.
- There is no fare charged to ride an LTD bus. Fare collection is expected to resume when driver barriers are in place.
- Practicing a minimum of 3 feet of physical distancing from other passengers.
Other LTD measures include:
- LTD employees have their temperatures taken before starting work each day and are sent home if they are sick.
- Since early April, most of LTD’s administrative, marketing, planning, and finance teams have been required to work remotely until further notice.
- Employees who do come to work are required to wear a mask, maintain physical distancing parameters, wash hands frequently, and observe other healthy precautions as outlined by the state of Oregon and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
LTD asks passengers to follow health guidelines provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wear a hands-free mask or cover over nose and mouth.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the restroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.”
Source: CDC website
- Lane County Health and Human Services
- Governor Brown’s Press Office
- Congressman DeFazio
- Oregon Health Authority
- Federal Transportation Administration
- Lane Transit District