Go The Distance: Follow the Four
April 14, 2021
Lane Transit District reminds community members to go the distance by Following the Four: wear a mask, wash hands, social distance, and limit gathering sizes until COVID-19 is defeated.
“Our communities have come so far to beat back COVID, so we cannot let COVID-fatigue get in the way of keeping us safe and healthy,” said Aurora Jackson, LTD’s General Manager. “It is important that we all remember to Don’t Invite COVID: Follow the Four for a little while longer.”
LTD’s health-first initiative to address COVID follows the Federal Orders signed by President Biden in January, requiring all employees and passengers to wear a mask in its facilities and on its buses, including:
(1) Boarding only those persons who wear masks;
(2) Instructing persons that Federal law requires wearing a mask on the transit system and transit property and failure to comply constitutes a violation of Federal law;
(3) Monitoring persons onboard the transit system or on the transit property for anyone who is not wearing a mask and seek compliance from such persons;
(4) At the earliest opportunity, remove any person who refuses to comply; and
(5) Providing persons with prominent and adequate notice to facilitate awareness and compliance with the requirements of the Federal Order concerning mask wearing.
The Federal Order further defines a mask as material covering the nose and mouth of the wearer and excludes face shields. A mask should be secured to the head with ties or ear loops. A mask needs to fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face and should not hang loosely due to being secured by a single strap. The following do not fulfill the requirements of the Order: scarves, ski masks, balaclavas, gaiters, or bandannas.
Exceptions to the federal guidelines are children under the age of two and people with disabilities who cannot wear a mask, or cannot safely wear a mask. People with a disability who cannot safely wear a mask should review requirements listed on the LTD website, or contact LTD to make a reasonable modification request.
“We all must hold each other accountable for all of us to be healthy and safe,” Jackson said. “By Following the Four we will go the distance to beat back COVID.”
For information about LTD’s COVID-19 initiatives click here.
LTD’s Don’t Invite COVID: Follow the Four campaign information is here.
Other helpful links:
LTD Customer Service Representatives are available to answer questions by phone at 541-687-5555 or 800-248-3861 (7-1-1 TTY), Mon – Fri, 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., except for holidays.