LTD Service Complements July Community Events
Contact: Edward McGlone
Enhanced transit service will help tens of thousands of Lane County visitors get around during the Olympic Trials, Butte To Butte and Oregon Country Fair.
During the Olympic Trials, EmX service will run more frequently at the end of events to help with congestion. Additionally, Olympic Trials tickets or event credentials serve as valid fare, and anyone may ride free July 4 and 8-10 courtesy of the Butte To Butte and Oregon Country Fair.
July 1–10, EmX buses will run twice as frequently between Eugene and Springfield Stations one hour before Olympic Trials events end and for two hours after based on the day of the week:
- On weekdays, July 1 and 5-8, EmX will run every 10 minutes during the day and increase to every 7-8 minutes.
- On Saturdays, July 2 and 9, EmX will run every 15 minutes during the day and increase to every 7-8 minutes.
- On Sundays, July 3-4 (due to Fourth of July holiday service) and 10, EmX will run every 30 minutes during the day and increase to every 15 minutes.
All of LTD’s regular routes will run on normal schedules, including the Airport Connector, which serves the Eugene Airport. Additionally, people are encouraged to utilize the 26 Park & Rides located throughout LTD’s system to access bus routes. When using Park & Rides, please remember to remove anything valuable from the vehicles before leaving.
July 4, LTD will operate free service system wide for the 43rd Annual Aquafina Butte To Butte. Additionally, runners can utilize shuttles to get to the starting line on the following schedule:
- Routes 970 & 971X will pick up passengers at the bus stops at 5th/Pearl and 4th/Mill.
- Buses will depart every 5–10 minutes, 6:30 – 7:40 a.m.
July 8–10, LTD will again operate free service system wide for the 47th Annual Oregon Country Fair. Buses will transport fairgoers to Veneta on the following schedule:
- Route 988 & 989X will pick up passengers at Eugene Station Bay I and Valley River Center Park & Ride every 15–20 minutes, 10 a.m. – 6:15 p.m.
- The last bus returning to both locations will leave the Oregon Country Fair at 7:30 p.m.
To learn more about service to these community events and plan your trip, visit LTD.org.