How to Load Your Bike on EmX
Follow these three easy steps:
- Check to see if there is room - As the EmX vehicle approaches, scan the bus to see if there is room on board. Up to three bikes are permitted on the vehicle. If it is too crowded to board safely, you will need to wait for the next bus.
- Let other riders board first - Wait for other riders to exit and enter the bus before you board.
- Board through the door with the bike symbol - Designated bike spaces are located inside the left rear door of each EmX bus. Only board EmX through doors displayed below:
If other riders are occupying the area displaying the bike symbol, you may politely request that they move from the area so that you can store your bike.
- Bikes are allowed on EmX only if there is room, so if all bike spaces are full or if the vehicle is too crowded to board safely, you must wait for the next EmX vehicle. Consider taking your trip
before or after rush hour, parking your bike at the station, or using a compact folding bike instead.
- Always yield priority seating areas to seniors and people with disabilities.
- No part of your bike should block the aisles.
- Maintain control of your bike and take care not to brush it against others. Do not use a kickstand.
- If you have a collapsed folding bike, you may store it under your seat. Don't block the aisles with your collapsed bike.
- Children under the age of 12 bringing bikes on EmX must be accompanied by an adult.
- Always walk your bike in station areas, transit centers, and pedestrian corridors.