LTD Board Member - Subdistrict 6
LTD Board President
Position 6 - West Eugene/Highway 99, River Road, and Junction City areas
Term Expires: 12/31/2022
P.O. Box 7070
Springfield, OR 97475
- Programming Chair, Eugene Young Professionals, Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Looking Glass Board of Stewards
- Member, Center for Leadership & Ethics Advisory Board, Northwest Christian University
- Coordinator, Eugene Food Truck Fest
- Member, Young Professional’s Summit Planning Committee, Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Leadership Eugene-Springfield Steering Committee, Springfield Chamber of Commerce & Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Event Planning Committee, Market Fest, 5th Street Market
- Member, Event Planning Committee, Cornerstone Community Housing
- Member, Event Planning Committee, Volunteers in Medicine
- Volunteer, Empty Bowls, FOOD for Lane County
- Volunteer, BrewFest, KLCC
- LTD’s HR Committee, alternate for Lane Council of Governments Board of Directors meetings, Comprehensive and Accessible Transportation Committee
- Member, Relief Nursery Main Event Committee
- Member, Looking Glass Event Committee; Looking Forward, Giving Back
- Model, Kendall Auto Catwalk for a Cause Benefiting Boys & Girls Club of Emerald Valley
- Director of Community Relations, Cornerstone Community Housing
- Development Director, Eugene Mission
- Job Connections Manager, Goodwill Industries of Lane & South Coast Counties
- Master of Business Administration, NCU
- Bachelor of Arts, Sonoma State University
- 20 Under 40 Award Winner
Married to Alex, parents of 4 young children who enjoy adventures and playing at our local parks!
Message from LTD Board Member Caitlin Vargas
Born and raised in Eugene, I am honored to be selected as a board member for Lane Transit District Board.
Working in non-profits the last 8 years, both in workforce development and at Lane County’s only emergency shelter for the homeless, I have extensive first-hand experience in the importance of public transportation for disadvantaged populations in Eugene and Springfield. My interest in serving on the board stems from the transformations I have personally witnessed in hundreds of people who are able to climb out of a poverty situation thanks to getting to their new job (or job interview) on the bus!
Using my experience, energy and eternal optimism, I plan to advocate for those whose voices often go unheard and stories untold. I look forward to being part of the collaborative conversation to move the needle for our city’s economic opportunities.